Why The Focus Agency is Different
- We have the ability and know-how to effectively market your company’s sizzle.
- Our extensive network of professional connections gives us the ability to uncover hidden candidates.
- Each candidate goes through a behavioral-style interview conducted by our staff.
- We provide detailed candidate presentations that include value-related skills and accomplishments.
- Interviews are coordinated in line with your hiring process.
- Fully comprehensive debriefs are conducted with candidates following their interview with you.
- We provide professional assistance in negotiating offers.
- To ensure positive job transitions, we perform advisory sessions with candidates hired.
We go to great lengths to meet the needs of each one of our employer clients. Our search process targets candidates that meet your specific qualifications and those who will be a good fit in your company’s culture. We save you time and money by narrowing the field down to only the best prospects. One of the reasons behind our success is our commitment to building a long lasting relationship with our employer clients.
Seeking employment or changing companies is no easy task no matter how qualified you are or how much experience you have, especially if your search for a career change needs to be confidential. Our goal is to work closely with you in order to understand your specific needs and to match those needs, as well as your skills and experience, with a hiring company.
We care about the people that we represent. It’s important to us that the match fits the needs of both the candidate and the employer.
One of the reasons job seekers come to us is because we communicate clearly and provide realistic expectations. WE ARE NOT A RESUME SERVICE NOR DO WE SIMPLY PUSH YOUR RESUME AROUND. We market your skills, strengths and accomplishments to specific companies and spend time coaching and preparing you for interviews so there are no surprises. We will get all the information you need to make a sound decision.
The following are a few basic tips that we provide to all candidates:
Job Interviewing Tips
- Always research the background of the company and the person(s) you will be meeting. You should be familiar with their web site and their leadership team.
- Be careful what you post on social media. Companies will be researching you just as you research them.
- Come to the interview with a pen, small notebook/ iPad, spare resumes, and a reference sheet.
- Dress appropriately. Dress for the interview, not for the job. Wear something that’s not too casual or too extravagant.
- Leave the cell phone in the car or be sure it’s silenced.
- Prepare a two-three-minute personal history that includes information about your academia, business, personal and social background, as much as you’re willing to share, before the interview.
- Be enthusiastic and maintain proper demeanor. Offer a firm handshake, lean slightly forward during the interview, and maintain direct eye contact.
- Always use facts to sell your background and never embellish – if you are hired based on something that’s not true, it will come back to bite you.
- Have good reasons for why you are interested in the position and why you see yourself as a good fit in their company.
- Avoid speaking negatively about past employers or discussing past personality conflicts.
- Do not interrogate the interviewer or ramble during the interview.
- Salary Comparison